Watch the Vegan Eggs & Dairy cooking class, featuring Patrese Evans of Sweegan Bakery, HERE.
Vegan Sour Cream
Makes 2 cups
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained (not pressed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 teaspoon white or yellow miso paste
- In a blender or food processor, place the tofu, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, miso and process until creamy.
Flax or chia egg: To make one egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax or chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of warm (90°F to 110°F) water, then let the mixture rest for 10 minutes before using.