Watch the Meaty Vegan Cooking class HERE.
This link includes the pressure cooking instructions.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts (about 2½ ounces each). Place each on a parchment paper square, fold the parchment paper over, and press down to form the seitan into a square. Fold up in the parchment, then wrap each piece in aluminum foil.
- In a large pot on the stove, pour 1 cup of water and insert a steamer basket. Place the wrapped seitan pieces in the basket. Bring the water to a boil. Cover and steam until the seitan is firm, about 30 to 60 minutes.
Impossibly Beyond Meatballs
- 1 package Impossible or Beyond Beef
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/4-1/3 cup bread crumbs/panko (we used pea-protein panko)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Mix all together. Form balls (use ice cream or cookie scoop for consistency), about 1 1/2-ounces.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Soycurl Buffalo Wings
- 1 cup dry Soy Curls
- 1 cup hot vegan chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chipotle avocado oil (or plain avocado oil plus 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or your favorite cayenne hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Rehydrate the Soy Curls in the hot broth for 10 minutes. Drain the Soy Curls and gently press them with tongs to remove the excess liquid.
- Transfer the drained Soy Curls to a large bowl. Add the chili powder, flour, cornstarch, and oil. Toss until well coated.
- Transfer the Soy Curls to the air fryer and cook at 390°F for 8 minutes, shaking halfway through the cooking time. (To bake: 425° F for 15 minutes, turning halfway).